New + updated
- What Is Overstock’s Return Policy?
- What Items Are Covered By The Overstock Return Policy?
- What Are Overstock’s Return Policy Requirements?
- How To Initiate Returns
- How Long Does It Take To Process Returns?
- Hassle-Free Shopping With Carrot
We all know the feeling of ordering something online, eagerly waiting for it to arrive, and then realizing it’s just not what we were looking for. Stings, right? Trust us, we know. Fortunately, there are brands like Overstock that understand that sometimes a product just doesn’t meet your expectations.
If the item you got from Overstock is not what you imagined, you can take a chill pill. We’ve got you! In this blog, we will take a look at Overstock’s return policy and break down everything you need to know about returning items to this popular online retailer. Whether you’re a regular Overstock shopper or a first-time buyer, this guide will help you easily navigate the ins and outs of Overstock’s return policy.
What Is Overstock’s Return Policy?
With Overstock’s return policy, you can return items within 30 days after delivery. Returned items are inspected, so ensure they are in good condition, unused, new, and with all original labels. You can receive refunds or in-store credit, which can be applied to all your purchases on Overstock till it is used up.
If you return a product after 30 days, you stand a chance of losing the refund, or you may end up with a partial refund. Feel free to contact Overstock’s customer care when your item goes beyond the time limit to initiate a return.
Overstock will cover all return shipping costs when you place a return request as a result of faulty items or unsuccessful delivery.
Note: Overstock allows approved third-party sellers to list and sell their products on their websites. Each seller is responsible for setting their own return policy, which may be different from Overstock’s return policy. However, Overstock does require third-party sellers to clearly display their return policy on their product page. This way, you can easily see the seller’s return policy and make an informed purchasing decision. If you need to return an item purchased from a third-party seller, you will need to contact the seller directly to initiate the return process. You can check the Marketplace Seller page for more information.
What Items Are Covered By The Overstock Return Policy?
The following items can be returned and refunded:
- Computers and electronics like TV Screens, outdoor power equipment, etc.
- Jewelry, watches, and accessories.
- Designer handbags.
- Mattresses can only be returned when they are damaged during delivery. Oversized matrasses can be refunded when they have not been opened, while Bed-In-A-Box can only be returned unopened.
What Are Overstock’s Return Policy Requirements?
The requirements for returns depend on the items being returned. Oversized items can be returned within 30 days of delivery. Only items that have not been used with the original accessories in the package are fit for returns. Look at the requirements for computers, electronics, jewelry, and watches below.
For Computers and Electronics :
- They must be returned within 30 days after delivery.
- They must be returned unused and with the packaging and other labels.
- If the item has been opened, used, or returned after the deadline, you will receive a partial refund.
For Jewelry and Watches :
For jewelry and watches, you can be eligible for a full, partial, or no refund at all. It depends on Overstock’s inspection team’s decision.
To receive full refunds, items must be :
- In excellent condition
- New, unused, and without damage. They must also come with the original box or any other packaging used.
- No indication of scratches, adjustment, sizing, or service.
- Returned with all authentic parts, certificates, manuals, labels, and other accessories.
- Returned with intact mylar tags if attached.
To receive a partial refund between 40% – 80%, items must be:
- In fair condition; almost new.
- Flawless and in original box or case.
- Complete with all authentic parts, certificates, manuals, labels, and other accessories.
- With scratches, adjustment, sizing, or service that are repairable.
- Returned with intact mylar tags if attached.
To receive a partial refund between 0% – 40%, items must be:
- Minorly damaged e.g., scratches, torn leathers, and rubber bands.
- Returned with the original box, parts, certificates, labels, and other accessories attached to them.
You are ineligible for any kind of refund when items are:
- Returned with a different serial or SKU number.
- Damaged beyond repair.
- Unfixable watch movements.
- Without the original box, parts, certificates, labels, and other accessories attached to them.
For Designer handbags
- They are subject to the 30-day limit.
- They must be new, unused, and faultless with the original box, leather, or any packaging used.
- They must be returned with the original parts, and these include tags, manuals, certificates, and other accessories attached.
Note: Overturn return shipping cost is between $100 – $700, and you are more likely to pay these fees when you:
- Return an item that is without fault.
- Miss a delivery arrangement.
- Refuse delivery without assessment.
How To Initiate Returns
Overstock does not have physical locations, so all returns must be mailed. Overstock allows you to place your order as a member or guest. Your status at the time of the order will determine your return process.
Initiating A Return As a Member:
- Log into your account.
- Click on the ‘Orders and Returns’ option on your dashboard.
- Check the Return box next to the item you want to return.
- Give any extra information concerning your order.
- Click on Select Return and Get Label.
- Follow the instructions to return your item.
Initiating A Return As a Guest:
- Set up an Overstock account with the email you used in buying the item you wish to return.
- Follow the instructions for members above.
How Long Does It Take To Process Returns?
Overstock processes return within four weeks. You are sure to receive your refund after this time. The required time for return shipping can last 14 days. Inspecting items at the facility takes up to 5 business days.
You will be sent an email with the details of your refund, and the refund will be sent back to the mode of payment used to make the purchase.
Hassle-Free Shopping With Carrot
Looking for a convenient and hassle-free way to shop for Overstock items? Look no further than Carrot! With this Google Chrome extension, you can easily browse Overstock’s inventory, add items to your cart, and check out directly from the site. Plus, with personalized recommendations and curated collections, Carrot makes it easy to discover new products and find a wide range of coupons to pick from. Download Carrot today and start shopping for Overstock items with ease!