New + updated
Looking to stretch your budget further and snag the best deals? Walmart’s Price Match Policy is your secret weapon. With this policy, Walmart ensures that you get the lowest price possible on your purchases, even if it means matching a competitor’s price.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the ins and outs of this money-saving gem. From understanding the policy’s scope to leveraging smart comparison techniques, get ready to make the most of Walmart’s Price Match Policy and unlock incredible savings. Let’s dive in!
How Does Walmart’s Price Match Policy Work?
The Walmart price match policy is quite straightforward. Simply put, if you find the same item at a different store for a lower price and then ask Walmart to match that price, you are engaging in what is known as “price matching.” However, Walmart updated its price match policy in June 2023, excluding certain criteria from its price match policy.
These criteria include:
- Prices of competitors
- Prices available through Marketplace or supplied by third-party sellers
- Prices acquired on Walmart.com that later decreased in price
- Items available at Walmart stores
Note: When considering this policy, just check with Walmart’s customer service to check if the item you want to price match qualifies. If it does, then you’ve found a steal!
Who Is Eligible for Walmart’s Price Match Policy?
To make the most of the Walmart price match policy, refer to the following checklist:
|Within 7 days of making the purchase
|Eligible Brands for Price Match
|Amazon, Academy, Kohl, and more.
|Clearance items, discounted items, auction prices, third-party sellers, etc.
|Where to Redeem
|On the official Walmart website or any physical Walmart store
Walmart’s Price Match Policy Details
Understanding Walmart’s price match policy is one thing, but how can you leverage and benefit from it? Here’s how: The retail hypermarket has two price match policies under which your price match must be allowed. Among these price-matching policies are:
1. Walmart Price Matching Policy:
You can request a price match for items purchased on the official Walmart website if they are similar in color, size, and number. The product must be identical and in stock on the Walmart website and the online merchant where you match prices.
Another important factor about this policy is that customers can only price-match one item daily, and it must be in stock. Additionally, the Walmart online site will only price match for the following online stores:
- Babies Bass Pro R Us
- Outdoors + Academy Sports
- Best Purchase
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Cabelas Chewy
- Dollar Home Depot General Family Dollar
- JC Penny
- Office Depot New Egg
- Auto Oreilly
- KMart, Kohl’s Lowes
- Dick’s Sportswear
- The Pep Boys
- PetCo PetSmart Sears
Did the price of a product get reduced after it was purchased from the online store? Then the product might not be eligible for the price-match policy. You will also be ineligible for a price match in the following circumstances:
- Packaged deals
- Items on clearance
- Discounts are only applicable at the time of purchase.
- Membership offers
- Closeout sales
- Prices at stores
- Items that have been refurbished
- Sales discount percentage
2. In-Store Price Comparison
Walmart’s price match policy is connected with retail and online stores. Precisely, the retail store will only match Walmart prices on items. Again, the item you are comparing your purchase must be in stock on the Walmart website for you to receive a lesser price. A Walmart employee must also confirm it.
In addition, the Walmart store will not price match your product in the following circumstances:
- Price comparisons
- Sales discount percentage
- Discounted prices
- Pricing for bundles
- Coupons or rebates
- Walmart Price Change
- Walmart’s market prices
- Buy one, get one free promotion
3. Walmart Price Adjustment Feature
By offering more than just a price-match policy, Walmart enables its customers to attain complete satisfaction with their purchases through a price adjustment feature. Price adjustment is another option for price matching when shopping at Walmart, adding more options to compare and make the best purchase.
This price adjustment feature by Walmart is essentially a price match that occurs after you have already purchased an item. Below are the factors included in Walmart’s price adjustment feature:
- Purchases made on Walmart do not qualify for post-purchase price adjustments
- Price adjustments are occasionally possible for purchases made at a Walmart store
- Because store managers have complete discretion over post-purchase price changes, whether your price adjustment is allowed is a matter of chance
- In most circumstances, buyers have up to 7 days following the date of purchase to request a price adjustment
- To qualify for a price adjustment, the item must meet all the existing standards of Walmart’s in-store price match policy
- Unfortunately, online purchases do not allow for post-purchase price adjustments. In other words, if you buy something on Walmart and the price drops later, you will not be eligible for a price adjustment. However, within 7 days, you can seek a price adjustment on an in-store purchase based on a sale price.
How to Request a Price Match from Walmart?
You’re probably aware of the standards Walmart employs to qualify their product price match. Now if you’re eligible for a price match, you can benefit from this policy and get your claim approved by following the steps below:
1. Walmart Purchased Items Price Match from an Online Competitor
If you want to price match an item purchased from an online competitor’s website, follow these steps:
- Before placing your order on the Walmart online site, contact a Walmart customer service representative to see if the item you’re going to purchase is qualified for a price match.
- The customer service representative will inform you whether the product qualifies for price matching.
2. Matching In-Store Products Prices With Online Prices
The item acquired from the competitor’s platform and the price matched is entirely at the discretion of the store manager. The decision of the Walmart store manager on whether or not the item can be price matched is final.
Understanding Walmart Store Costs
It can be a hassle when you are trying to manually find the pricing of Walmart products to compare them and evaluate if a product qualifies for the policy. During the process, customers struggle to determine if the in-store pricing at Walmart is lower than that at the Walmart online shop.
To get a clear answer, you can always make it easier by asking the store employee if a product qualifies for price matching.
More information about product price matching eligibility may be found by scrolling down the in-store price matching policy and process.
Ditch the Hassle and Navigate Through Walmart’s Price Match Policy with Carrot!
Despite having the ease to benefit from Walmart’s price match policy, it can often be challenging to compare the prices on your own and proceed with your claim. But, Carrot makes sure you don’t have to settle for purchases at a higher price just to avoid the hassle.
Carrot enables you to navigate Walmart’s price match policy by easily comparing prices from different retailers, tracking price drops, and setting price alerts for your desired products at Walmart.
That’s not all! With this FREE shopping extension and app, you can easily create collections, gift registries, and find coupon codes, plus cheaper alternatives to stores like Walmart, so you save big every time you shop.