New + updated
There’s nothing quite like the thrill of the thrift hunt! Especially when you find a great deal on something you’ve been searching for days. The problem is that we can’t always line up our free time and energy with the store’s hours and item availability.
That’s where these amazing thrift apps come in. With a few taps on your phone, you can access incredible deals on secondhand treasures – from the comfort of your home! To help get you started or broaden your thrifting horizons, check out this list of Carrot’s nine favorite thrift apps.
Carrot is the ultimate destination for all your thrift apps that’s set to revolutionize your shopping experience. Carrot isn’t just another app; it’s the premier destination for savvy shoppers looking to discover new products in a uniquely curated way. Imagine it as your personal Pinterest for shopping, where inspiration meets affordability.
What sets Carrot apart is its cutting-edge AI-powered Deal Hop feature. With Deal Hop, you can effortlessly unearth incredible deals and alternative product options from across multiple thrift stores, potentially saving you up to a whopping 90% off the original prices. Say goodbye to hours of online searching and hello to a curated list of alternatives that not only save you money but also deliver quality choices, all at your fingertips.
- Available on Chrome, iOS, Android
- Add to cart on any website and create curated wishlists
- Compare prices for similar products across websites
- Find deals and dupes up to 90% off
- Get coupon codes to your favorite thrift stores like Depop and ThredUp
- Get a notification whenever there is a price drop on your saved products
- Deal Hop to find less expensive alternatives to your favorite products in one place
ThredUp is a fantastic platform for finding incredible deals on fashion. They have an impressive selection of over 35,000 fashion brands, and each item goes through a thorough 12-point inspection before being posted. This means that you can trust that you’re getting a high-quality product at an unbeatable price.
ThredUp has received over a million downloads and boasts an impressive rating of more than 4 out of 5 stars. It’s no wonder why they are considered one of the best thrift apps available!
- Accessible on the web, iOS, and Android
- Grants a signup discount and code
- Features a “Bingo” rewards game for extra points and credits while shopping
- Offers substantial discounts and ongoing promotions
- User-friendly navigation
- Simplifies closet clearance before making new purchases
Transforming fashion and secondhand shopping on a global level, Depop’s app is wildly popular, with more than 30 million users! Depop feels like a mix of ThredUp and Instagram but with a touch of rebel. ‘Feeds’ are populated with suggested items based on recent activity.
Edgier and trendier, you’ll probably find the majority of users to be younger people seeking unique or vintage items. While they do have an extensive list of prohibited items, the downside for secondhand searchers is that brand-new items are allowed. This means there’s a risk of feeding fast fashion – so browse responsibly!
- Accessible on the web, iOS, and Android
- Offers trendy brand names, new and vintage items
- Facilitates unofficial product trading via messaging
- Both buyers and sellers receive reviews for transparency
- Ensures excellent communication between users
With a community of 50 million secondhand shoppers, Vinted is one of the best thrift stores for clothes – but they don’t stop there! Categories include – women’s, men’s, kids, home, and entertainment. The variety here is really endless for both buyers and sellers. Vinted also has a unique feature allowing users to ‘swap’ items with others who have enabled the ‘swap’ option.
- No listing or selling fees
- Orders are protected when paying through Vinted
- Eligible for refunds
- In-app forums for support and advice
5. Vestiaire Collective
If you’re looking for the best thrift apps for luxury preowned pieces, head over to Vestiaire Collective. They have more than 300,000 listings on their marketplace and add about 3,000 items daily. Vestiaire Collective isn’t just for those of us who don’t want to pay full retail for a designer item!
Maybe you’re still thinking about that Louis Vuitton bag you didn’t buy, and now it’s no longer in production. Hunt it down on Vestiaire Collective, and bid goodbye to all your regrets! Users have options like price offers, memberships, and customized alerts.
- Random sales and price-slashes
- Item authentication before shipping
- Save items to your favorites for easy wishlist access
Maybe not the first place you think of when you start thinking of the best thrift stores for clothes, but eBay knows what they’re doing when it comes to secondhand shopping! With about 159 million active users, there’s something for everyone on eBay.
You might find yourself on the struggle bus if you don’t love browsing because there are a lot of listings to look through before you find the one! But you can always set up notifications and get alerts for items you’re into.
- Vast pool of potential buyers
- Keyword alerts to receive notifications
7. The RealReal
The RealReal is the ultimate destination for luxury thrift shopping. Its website exudes luxury, offering curated collections from top fashion brands like Dior and Dolce & Gabbana, catering to both men and women. If you have a taste for high-end fashion without the high retail prices, this online thrifting experience is a dream come true.
While shopping on TheRealReal may still be considered a splurge, it provides a fantastic opportunity to discover pieces that you may not have known existed in the second-hand market. Although shipping is unfortunately not free for buyers, the thrill of finding unique designer items makes it well worth it.
- Available on the web, iOS, and Android
- 12 physical stores for in-person inspections
- Access to discounted luxury designer items
- Discover rare, non-retail designer pieces
- Ensures authenticity of seller listings on the website
When it comes to online thrifting, Poshmark is the go-to app for most people. With an impressive user base of approximately 80 million, Poshmark remains a frontrunner in the world of second-hand e-fashion.
In terms of the true thrift store experience, Poshmark takes the cake. It offers a vast selection of items to explore, and while it may not have as many filtering options as other apps, this actually adds to the excitement of uncovering hidden gems while scouring through its virtual aisles.
- Web, iOS, and Android availability
- Leader in the second-hand e-fashion sector
- Offers verified luxury and vintage items
- Evokes a traditional thrift store atmosphere
- Sells second-hand clothing, home appliances, and electronics
- Utilizes authentication for luxury items
Curtsy offers an online shopping experience that is both user-friendly and thoughtfully organized. You won’t have to worry about any subscription or membership fees, as Curtsy allows you to create an account completely free of charge. By personalizing your browsing experience, Curtsy ensures that you are presented with items that align perfectly with your style preferences and body measurements.
Through a simple “quiz,” you can input your dress, top, pants, and shoe sizes, as well as indicate your favorite brands such as Lululemon or Zara. Additionally, you have the option to “love” items by clicking on the heart icon for easy access later on if you’re not quite ready to make a purchase yet. Get ready to discover a world of fashion tailored just for you!
- Cross-platform availability: Web, iOS, and Android
- Personalized algorithm for clothing recommendations
- Flexible pricing through the “offer” system
- Effective communication among sellers, buyers, and customer service
- Up to 70% discount on retail prices
Thrift & Save More Only With Carrot
This free tool is your one-stop destination for every major online store – from thrifting to buying first-hand and more. Get dupes and deals up to 90% off by shopping only with Carrot!