New + updated
After all the stress and hassle, you’ve finally moved into your new home. How exciting! Now, the next thing to do is plan a housewarming party.
It’s obvious that your friend & fam will be getting you presents, but not everyone will know the things you really need. The gifting culture is shifting, and people today are thinking of sustainable and meaningful gifts. That’s where gift registries play a massive role in making you and your guests happy.
Just add the items you need to your housewarming gift registry and send it to your guests. If you’re confused about where to start, we are here to help. Here are some of the most popular (and free) housewarming registries that you need in your life today:
1. Carrot (100% free)
When it comes to crafting the perfect registry, Carrot’s standout feature sets it head and shoulders above the competition. Its exceptional bookmarking feature allows you to pick your favorite items from over 500,000 stores and compile them into one convenient registry. How cool is that?
Basically, Carrot works in your browser’s background by auto-magically collecting all the products you fancy on the web. With this tool, you’ll be saying goodbye to the days of losing track of items that you love. The best part? It’s 100% free!
- Universal gift registry.
- Can bookmark and save for later.
- Helps to compare products across different stores.
- Easily share your registry with just a click.
- Helps avoid double-gifting.
- Create collaborative wish lists.
- Alerts you when there is a price drop.
With MyRegistry.com, you can add products to your housewarming registry from any store in the world, even if the store doesn’t have a website.
How? Using their mobile app, you can manage your registry anywhere and anytime. The app offers a barcode scanner, allowing users to add any product available in a physical store to their online registry.
- Gives the option of a cash gift fund option for guests to contribute as a group
- User-friendly and easy-to-use mobile app
- Offers a single-button gift syncing option
- Allows you to add gifts from stores that don’t have websites
- 5% transaction fee on cash gift funds
- No option for group gifting on items
- Returns must be handled by individual stores
Most of the items on MyRegistry.com require redirecting your guests to the initial retailer to make a purchase. This means MyRegistry.com’s returns policy only extends to you and not your guests. making returns inconvenient and cumbersome.
If you want to create a housewarming gift registry, then you won’t go wrong with Walmart. Walmart allows you to curate gift registries for any event. They have a huge selection of home items from patio & gardening supplies to furniture, appliances & decor— whatever you need, Walmart has got it!
- Affordable products
- Can scan and register in-store items
- Features a wide variety of household items
- Price match guarantee
- Offers free in-store pickup
- Doesn’t offer group gifting
- Not a universal registry
- Price matching is limited to one product per day.
- Doesn’t offer a completion discount
- No price matching for competitors’ in-store prices
- No option for a cash gift fund
Who doesn’t know of Target? It’s one of the best places to register for housewarming gifts! This universal gift registry place lets you create gift registries for all the important days of your life, from weddings, baby showers, birthdays, and even housewarmings— Target has it all!
- Variety of products to choose from
- Offers a two-day shipping facility on any gift that costs more than $35
- Provides an opportunity for group gifting
- One-year return policy
- The registry printout option can be accessed from a website
- Group gifting is only available on items that are above $100
- Gifts need to be returned to the same store they were purchased from
- No in-store consultations or registry experts to help you
- No provision for any registry completion discount (for housewarming gift registries)
- Doesn’t have a broad selection of household goods like other registries
5. Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond is a household name in home essentials. It offers a registry service designed to make life’s significant milestones even more special. You can access the registry using their Android or IOS applications.
- An expansive selection from kitchen to bedding.
- A discount on unpurchased items post-event.
- Assures the best deal by matching competitor prices.
- Offers a year return window for registry items.
- Easy registry management on the go.
- Creating a housewarming registry with Bed Bath & Beyond is free.
- Limited product selection as you are only allowed to select Bed Bath & Beyond products.
- Group gifting is not available.
- Absence of cash gifting fund option.
6. Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn, synonymous with timeless designs and quality home furnishings, offers a registry service that has gained popularity over the years. You can access their registry via their mobile app.
- Known for durable and stylish items that last.
- Many items can be monogrammed or personalized.
- Complimentary design consultations to help curate your registry.
- Allows multiple guests to contribute to higher-priced items.
- No cost attached when you create the registry Pottery Barn portal.
- Access to the group gifting option.
- There is no cash gift fund option.
- Their return policy (90 day return window) is more restrictive than some other registry options.
- The option for gift wrapping is offered, but it comes at a steep price of $6.
7. Crate and Barrel
Crate and Barrel, celebrated for its contemporary designs and diverse range of home products, also offers a sought-after registry service.
- A wide array of stylish home and kitchenware items.
- A feature to track gifts and make thank-you note sending easier.
- Guests enjoy complimentary shipping on items priced over $100.
- It is free to create a registry on the website.
- The gift registry service now offers a group gifting feature.
- There is no universal registry.
- Some items might be on the higher end of the price spectrum.
- A mobile application is exclusively available for iOS devices.
- The option for a cash gift fund is not available.
Craft Your Ultimate Registry with Carrot!
Looking to create the ultimate registry? Try Carrot!
With this cool shopping tool, you can:
- Craft the perfect registry with ease, keeping track of must-haves.
- Unlock savings for both you and your gifters with exclusive coupons.
- Stay in the loop for gifts that get more affordable with time.
- Get top-tier items at unbeatable prices.
- Whether it’s the best price or a stylish dupe, Carrot’s got you covered.
All this and more for FREE!
Get More For Less With Carrot!
Maximize Your Savings with Carrot! Snap up exclusive coupons, and never overpay with our price drop alerts. Make every penny count!